Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Three Things About Texas

I'm asked (a lot) why I wrote a Texas-set trilogy when I don't live there. Although I grew up on a farm in Missouri and have lived in a rural areas of Nebraska and Ohio, I don't - and have never - lived in Texas. But the state still calls to me. I love visiting, whether we're hitting a coastal area like Galveston, or the Hill Country around Austin. Like the saying goes, Texas is a whole other country. With that, here are three of my favorite things about Texas:

3. The space. I might live in a city now, but I've never outgrown the need for a little space. A long pasture to look over, space to roam. Room to breathe. Living in a city is great - there are restaurants open until all hours, there is plenty of shopping and always something do to. Movies, sporting events, plays. We're about an hour from a great ballet company, we have one of the Great Lakes practically out our back door and restaurants that will make your mouth water. But we also have police/fire sirens, crime and (every now and then) a little smog. On days when it's just too loud here, I dream about Texas and the spaces I've visited there.

2. The cowboys. And no, I'm not just talking football, although the Dallas Cowboys are my favorite
football team. I like men who know who they are, what they want and who aren't afraid to fight for those things. Sure, city guys can know the same thing, but there is something about a guy who can wear a three piece suit and still change a flat tire that appeals to me. And then there are the tight Wranglers (or Levi's, I'm an equal opportunity jeans girl), the cowboy hats and boots. Oh, the boots. I'm a heels girl for me, but I love a pair of dusty boots on a a guy. sigh. Sue me, I like a guy in boots.

And that brings me to my first love of Texas:

1. The style. Sure, we all love Michael Kors for a fancy night out in New York. But on a daily basis, I'm more of a Texas dresser than a New York dresser. I mentioned my love of cowboy boots on a man above. I also like wearing boots just for me. Flat boots, Ugg boots, heeled boots, stiletto booties. Love them all. And the jeans. Oh, I love my yoga pants, but a pair of soft, well-worn jeans fresh from the dryer? There is nothing better. Not even the quirky Stella McCartney dress I bought off the clearance rack a couple of weeks ago.

There you go, readers, three reason I love Texas...tell me, what is your favorite setting (for yourself or the books you read)? 

Kristina's second Texas Girls book, What a Texas Girl Needs, is part of the Sweet Child Of Mine romance bundle now available from Crimson Romance ~ six contemporary romances with secret baby twists! It's available now for only $0.99! Here is a bit more about Kristina's book:

What a Texas Girl Needs: Vanessa Witte is ready to finally claim her life. The middle of three
daughters born into the Witte family - a powerful Texas name - she's been content to float through life. Being dumped by her shady ex? A blessing in disguise. Having a one-night-stand with Matias Barnes? Not one of her more stellar moments. But she's back in Lockhardt with a secret and a reason to start fresh: A baby.


Matias Barnes knows all about society women - it's part of the reason he left his wealthy family behind and took a job on a ranch. He doesn't like the endless string of parties, the inane conversation, or the gold-digging tricks those women have perfected. But that doesn't stop him from wanting Vanessa Witte. Mat knows she's so not right for him, but with her back in Lockhardt, can he resist her charms long enough to really let her go?

Book Links:   Amazon   B&N   iBooks  KOBO 

You can find out more the book and Kristina on her website, and feel free to stalk follow her on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

No comments: