Pages

Friday, February 09, 2018

Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon—Kandy Shepherd


Have you ever met someone just fleetingly, yet you can’t get them out of your head?

That happened to me with a minor character named Cristos in my last novel for Harlequin Romance, ConvenientlyWed to the Greek (May 2017). Cristos was the cousin of that book’s hero. I didn’t know a lot about him other than he was extremely good looking. But I couldn’t stop thinking about Cristos. Why was someone so handsome on his own? Why did I sense secrets and sadness behind his happy-go-lucky mask?



I had find out more about Cristos Theofanis—so he had to have his own story! I discovered Cristos was estranged from the wife he’d adored, Hayley Clements. They’d married young but trauma and tragedy took the gloss off their marital bliss and they’d spiralled apart. When Hayley unexpectedly reappears, she and Cristos get a last chance to save their marriage.

Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon is set in the beautiful Ionian Islands in Greece. What a perfect place for a couple to reignite the spark of their passion and fall in love all over again—just in time for Valentine’s Day!



I’ve been fortunate enough to visit those beautiful islands and hope to return. Our visit was in September when the weather was hot but not too hot and the water glorious for swimming. People there told me, however, that they could have a cold winter on the islands. I discovered that sometimes it actually snowed.


What’s more romantic? Summer where clothes are minimal or winter where you can snuggle to keep warm? I decided to set Cristos’s story in winter—with snow!



Where I live in Australia, we get snow. Not in Sydney but certainly in the mountains. In fact I learned to ski on the Australian snowfields. We’re having a very hot summer DownUnder. But I know right now friends in the northern hemisphere might be snowed in. Is it actually as romantic as we authors suggest in romance novels like Strandedwith Her Greek Tycoon?

UK edition

What are your thoughts on snow? Comment here for a chance to be in the draw for a paperback copy of Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon.



US edition
Kandy Shepherd’s Stranded with Her Greek Tycoon is a February 2018 release from Harlequin Romance in North America; Mills & Boon True Love in the UK; and Mills & Boon Forever Romance in Australia and New Zealand. 



Kandy Shepherd is a multi-published, award-winning author of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. She lives on a small farm in the Blue Mountains near Sydney, Australia, with her family and a menagerie of four-legged friends.


Visit Kandy at her website


Connect with Kandy on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram


8 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

I love snow. We haven't had a good snow this year. It keeps missing us.

When one gets snowed in with several feet, as long as one doesn't lose power, it can be fun. When we lose power, we lose use of all of our appliances, our heat, hot water, etc... At least it's cold outside if one had to empty the contents of the fridge. And one can grill food. I've gone to a neighbor's with a gas stove to make food when we've lost power. Some people have small generators to use when the power goes out. The plow usually comes here quickly after the main roads have been cleared. We're lucky we're not in the rural parts of the county.

denise

Summer said...

I definitely don't love being cold, but it does make everything outside look so beautiful, and it's definitely romantic in books and movies when the couple is kind of cooped up together with a crackling fire.

Mary Preston said...

It's unbelievably HOT here right now so snow sounds marvellous.

Not sure I'd like to live with it week after week though.

Kandy Shepherd said...

Hi Denise, I have never been sowed in like you describe. You make it sound like fun!

Kandy Shepherd said...

Summer, snow does make it seem so beautiful outside doesn't it! I'm glad you find it romantic in books, I think it is too.

Kandy Shepherd said...

Mary, it's sweltering where I am too. But I'm not wishing winter on us yet! I'd just like it to be a bit cooler!

Kandy Shepherd said...

The winner of the copy of STRANDED WITH HER GREEK TYCOON is Denise. Denise can you please email me your address so I can get it in the mail to you.
kandy@kandyshepherd.com

dstoutholcomb said...

email went--thank you!

denise